Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- Non-Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- Sharing of Your Information
- Accessing and Updating Your Information
- Securing Your Information
- How Future Changes to this Policy Will Be Applied
- Contact Information
1. Personal Information We Collect
Check My Ride is only available for visitors at least 16 years of age or older. Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from registering or otherwise using this website at any time.
When you register with Check My Ride, we require that you provide us with some personally identifiable information (PII), which may include your first name, last name, nickname, and email address. We may also offer you the option to complete a user profile that is visible to other Check My Ride users and may include additional PII such as a profile picture, age, gender, and other biographical information that you may choose to share with visitors to your Check My Ride profile page. Please note that your name, nickname, city, state and zip code location information will be considered ‘publicly accessible’ by any Check My Ride visitor.
We may offer the ability for our users to upload their friends’ personal information, or share friends’ information with Check My Ride through Facebook or another third party application.
We may also collect information that could be considered PII when combined with personal information you provide or information we receive from third parties, which may include your Zip Code and postal address, profile picture, user ID’s, or any other unique user information. In the event that information that was non-personal is combined with information that makes it PII, we will treat that information the same as any other PII.
2. Non-Personal Information We CollectCheck My Ride uses various technologies to collect non-personal information, or convert PII to non-personal information. Examples of the various collection mechanisms include:
- Website visitor information: We use clear gifs, otherwise known as pixel tags, in combination with visitor log file information which may include type of web browser, Internet Protocol (IP) Address, referring web pages, and other information to track anonymous visitor website activity.
- Other non personal identifiers: We may collect other information, such as mobile device identifiers, to help optimize our website content for mobile users, or with other third party applications. In the event that this information is collected, we or our partners will provide information about the use of such information and choices you may have to limit this data from being collected, if applicable.
3. How We Use The Information We Collect
The personal information you provide to us will be used to:
- Create and maintain your registration, including customer service and technical support
- Enable user-to-user communications
- Provide you with updates and relevant marketing communications
- Prevent fraud or otherwise enforce our Terms of Service
The personal information you provide may be combined with information provided by affiliates and third parties to supplement your profile or enhance the relevancy of our marketing communication.
You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time. With email marketing communications, you can opt-out by following the instructions in the email you received.
Please note that in order update your profile or to opt-out of customer communications related to the operation of your Check My Ride profile, you must cancel your account by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Sharing of Your InformationWith Other Check My Ride Users and Application Providers
Your first name, last name and/or pseudonym will be publicly accessible through your Check My Ride profile page. In addition, you may consent to share your Check My Ride user information with various third party applications that may work with Check My Ride.With Affiliated Companies
Check My Ride is a service provided by Autocheck, a part of Experian. Information you provide to Check My Ride may be shared with any member of the Experian family of companies. For more information about Experian, please refer to www.experiangroup.comWith Third Party Partners
The personally identifiable information you provide to us will not be shared with any third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share information about you and other Check My Ride users collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you, with various third parties. The information that we share includes information that we have collected, in addition to information collected from select third party partners, which may be merged with information we have collected. The recipients of this information may include publishers, advertisers, and advertising networks. They may use it to develop and deliver advertising on the Experian family of websites and on the websites of third parties. The information is also used for analytical and aggregated reporting purposes.
Where we share information with advertising networks, we do so with companies that are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"), which offers a single location for users to opt out of receiving tailored ads from DAA member companies. To opt out of targeted advertising by DAA member companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info
Please note that if you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on the Web but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you. Moreover, if you opt out, and you later change computers or browsers or clear your hard drive of all cookies, you will need to repeat this process. With Service Providers
We may use various service providers to create and maintain the website, conduct marketing communications, and conduct various market research or analytics efforts. In the case of website analytics and email marketing communications, we may authorize these providers to employ the same types of visitor tracking technologies we employ on our website, such as pixel tags and cookies. We direct all such service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed to them and to not use your information for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
5. Accessing and Updating Your Information
Information We Receive From Facebook or Another Third Party Application If you log-in through Facebook, you can edit your Facebook privacy settings for applications like Check My Ride to control what your friends can share about you when using applications and websites, block and remove specific applications from accessing your information and contacting you, and control who may see your activities. In the event we enable you to log-in through another third party application, you should be aware of your available profile privacy settings through that application.
6. Securing Your Information
Check My Ride implements reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and we are committed to the protection of customer information. For user accounts registered directly with Check My Ride, information is protected by a password for each member to use and access their online profile. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your profile and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Check My Ride account, we will allow you to request instructions on how to reset your password. When you sign into your account, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology ("SSL").
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to us. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we have procedures and security features in place to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7. How Future Changes to this Policy Will Be Applied
8. Contact Information